Saturday, December 12, 2009

Will you be my bride?

It was my first time to Nova Scotia. We had been looking at rings before and I had chosen one but was told by Jon that it wouldn't be done in time for our trip. I was sad but kept my hopes up that he was hiding something. The day after Christmas, Jon took me around to see the sites he grew up with. We went to downtown Halifax and visited the temple. The last place he took me to was Peggy's Cove. It was incredibly beautiful, red moss growing on the smooth rocks, a lighthouse and the vivid sunset. For Christmas, Jon had tricked me into thinking he had gotten the ring by giving me a jewelry box. It ended up being a pair of earrings, a Mi Kmaq symbol meaning bride. So now, we are standing there FREEZING but enjoying the beauty of the surroundings and I mess the whole thing up.... I have a habit of putting my hand in his pockets for warmth. Welp, there was a ring box in his pocket and I immediately pulled my hand out, realizing what I had just blown. He smoothly pulled the ring box out, got down on one knee and said "Tara, will you be my bride?" Of course, I got teary-eyed and said yes. :) It was a great day. My favorite part was the drive home. An hour to ourselves, no cell phone reception to distract us, holding his hand with a new edition to my finger. :)



Here are a couple of our engagement photos. We took them in May, when the trees were blossoming.




No comments:

Post a Comment