Monday, May 07, 2012

Musings of Dieting

Dang it! Blogger deleted this post... so this is the second time I'm writing it.
How do you tell your friend that she honestly looked better before her crazy fitness/diet makeover? She was already thin and already relatively active and now.... well her face is too bony and her arms are starting to look like she's injecting steroids. What is with these moms? They are moms. They are fertile females... they should look fertile, not like a racing greyhound. Gah.
I wrote this on facebook and it caused a little bit of a debate.... heh.
Jon and I recently have decided that enough is enough and we want to lose a little weight. And by "a little" I mean that I have no intentions on trying to get down to a size 2 or compete in an Iron Man. I'm not ashamed by my current condition, I'm still in single digit jeans and can run a mile without walking. I eat relatively healthy as well. No canned foods or processed boxed foods are allowed in the house. I bake and steam everything and we eat very little beef. Fresh fruits and veggies make up the bulk of every meal. We do love our dairy though, milk, eggs and cheese.
My biggest set back is dessert. I love homemade goodness and usually have something made at all times. I'm not eating processed junk and artificial colors and sugars... but I do love me some homemade yummy, chocolatey goodness. I eat something like that everyday... how do I curb my crazy dessert addiction? Tips?
Here's a very unflattering pic to illustrate what I would like to change... the infamous baby belly... I can't believe I'm posting this.


3 comments:

  1. You have to find a replacement! For me, green smoothies and lemon oil in my water every day magically made my MAD evening sugar tooth disappear. You'll find yours. Just keep looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be happy and be healthy. The Word of wisdom does not advise us to be "thin". Heavenly Father sent perfect bodies for each of us to have happiness and trials in, that we are taught to healthily maintain and have joy in. Scales are stupid inventions- the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And for the record- I think you are beautiful right now!

    ReplyDelete