Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

Poor Jon, he has to deal with Holiday Tara. For some reason I get depressed on holidays like my birthday or Mother's Day. Even though the day went well and I was shown love and appreciation I can't help but revert, be quiet and just want to be alone those days. Luckily the sadness didn't really hit me until the end of the day, so up until then I was good.

The kids drew me a card in the morning, I whipped up some cupcakes before church for me to devour later, church had some good speakers and I was given a flower and treated to a chocolate-covered strawberry extravaganza at the end. The Elder's Quorum just seems to be stepping it up more and more each year, they did good. The after consisted of a short nap, a quick walk to the park, me making dinner, cleaning up from dinner and then putting the kids to bed. After that I deep cleaned the kitchen, did two loads of laundry and talked on the phone to my mom and aunt. I then laid my head on my pillow and shed a silent tear or two before falling asleep. Why is it so hard to enjoy these special days? Gah, motherhood, what a range of emotion.

The next day Jon surprised me with this beauty. Her name is Blanch, referring to her color. I'm spoiled. The end.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Blanch! You will too, I'm sure. I don't know what to say about the holiday blues except that maybe they are hereditary, like Grandpa's pores and Grandma Ev's belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saweeeeet! Blanch is beautiful! Congratulations on your new arrival!

    ReplyDelete