Friday, September 16, 2011

Hell is repetition.

I can count on one hand how many good hours of sleep I get a night. The moment I start drifting away I'm jolted away by Corryn screaming, followed by Ethan moaning in tiredness. Sometimes it's a dream and other times it's real. It got so bad that last night at 2:30am, having yet to fall asleep, I curled up in the fetal position and cried while I let my one year old scream bloody murder for 30 min until she fell asleep. I wish I could say that was the end of that night, but no, it just goes on and on. We REALLY need to do cry therapy on her, she hasn't slept through the night since she was an infant. The problem is, where can she sleep? Poor Ethan needs to sleep too so she can't be in the kids room and there is NO WAY we're letting her sleep in our room anymore. I'm thinking it's going to have to be the living room, but this means that we're stranded in our bedroom from 8pm on every night.


The reason I feel like I'm in hell is because I also have no relief during the day. Meet teething Corryn. She follows me around crying to be picked up and then screams in my ear when I do. About 50% of the day she is like this, the other 50% she is eating or sleeping. In fact, as I type this she is banging on the bedroom door crying her guts out. The one relief I have is getting out of the house. For some reason my kids have always liked going out and so we'll take walks every day, guaranteed silence from the kids.

I'm going to try to end on a positive note. Ethan, although tired from Corryn's horridness at night, has had some cute moments lately. Yesterday he took Jon's guitar off it's stand and then was using the stand like a podium at church and saying his prayers into it. This was done without any coaxing from me and it actually took me a minute to realize what he was doing. It was so cute.

4 comments:

  1. Ah! Ethan is so dang adorable! Sorry about Corryn! :( I hope you get some sleep at night soon, that just stinks!!! Maybe you could try sleeping on the couch with earplugs and put Corryn in your room and let her wail? I have loved "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child" book for both of my kids, although it was torture for a couple weeks it was well worth it. I'm so sorry, there are really no words of comfort,- boo! I know you can get through this! -Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tara, I wish I was there to babysit for you! Good luck getting through it, I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Tara. Even though I am not a mother I know that even though you try your hardest it just doesn't seem like enough. Motherhood is not for the faint of heart and sometimes and it is just plain hard. Good luck and I hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete