Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yumm... food. And other things.

Lately, I've been making some pretty good meals. Sometimes I get in a funk when I just can't seem to think of something new to make with old ingredients... you feel me? But recently I've been on a good creative kick. Last night- Stuffed bell peppers and oatmeal choco chip cookies (coolest recipe ever- no eggs, no milk, no butter). Tonight- Hawaiian haystacks and gelato and raspberries in homemade sugar cones. Tomorrow- Pot roast and roasted squash and mushrooms.

One thing I love about the place were we live is the proximity to a grocery store. Not just any grocery store, Sprouts. It's essentially a farmers market in a store. The kids and I walk there at least once a week. I love that you can walk out with 4 full bags of produce for under $20. We all sport our sunglasses and Ethan always chooses a honey stick to suck on.

My dearest friend is getting ready to have her baby any day now. I made these geometric paper lantern thingies to put up in her baby's room. Black, white, light blue, and red... what a awesome and unique color combo for a girl.


5 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds wonderful! I love those "mobiles"- they're beautiful. They'll look great in her room! Also, I keep meaning to tell you Ethan left his Clifford here :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Tara! I've been in a "non-cooking" slump myself....ugh...can you kick some of your creativity my way?? :-P Great job on the mobiles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the good cook funk ") Been on one myself lately and it's delicious! I wish that Boise would get with the times and aquire some more health food stores. I love stocking up when we head South for the winter. Sprouts and Trader Joe's are my all time faves! We did an Easter egg hunt at Sprouts in Mesa a couple of years ago. Such a fun place. I love being able to shop for food without having to read every label thoroughly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so beyond excited about the mobile! You are wonderful and talented and I'm gonna have a baby soon!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh! WOW Tara! What a menu, and those mobiles are SO cute.....can I steal the pattern? I'm kinda at a loss for decoration for our new house....and those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete