Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Random Tidbits

Since I don't have a Facebook account anymore, I've been missing posting little tidbits. So here they are...

First of all congrats DENI HILL for winning the at-home prize on the Biggest Loser! $100,000. If you didn't already know, Sarah Nitta was my college roommate and Deni is her mom. So cool. They both look amazing!

Second, I made the best pizza the other day. Alton Brown's dough recipe, alfredo sauce, spinach, caramelized red onions, portobello and button mushrooms, red bell peppers, and fresh sliced mozzarella. In the words of a fellow diner "DIVINE".

I also made homemade peanut butter cups. I was given some cute little silicone molds a while back and they were perfect for this super easy recipe. Four ingredients, super smooth and delicious. I'll definitely be making these on a monthly basis from now on.

http://soufflebombay.blogspot.com/2011/01/chocolate-and-peanut-butter-squares.html

I love my basil plant. I'm always thinking "Can I put basil on this?" Fresh ribboned basil is wonderful on scrambled eggs. I can't wait for the opportunity to have a garden... hopefully we'll have a yard at our next place.

The kids took a 3 hour nap today... AMAZING! I rolled over thinking "I feel like I've been sleeping for a long time... yup!" Ah, that felt so good.

Last of all, I have a secret. I really want to tell you... but I'm holding it in. I feel great though.

5 comments:

  1. Secrets secrets are no fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuuuu....uuummm....can't wait to try out the recipes.....and....ggrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to make that pizza when you're in NS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for basil plants! I so wish I could keep one alive. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT PIZZA WAS DIVINE!!!! You spoiled us so much to share it- thank you!!!! It was SO delicious- I need that recipe in my files.

    ReplyDelete