Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lack of sleep, you can't shake me.

Last night. 8:30pm, the kids are in bed. I spend the evening putting books onto my kindle and watching Biggest Loser. 11:30pm I go to bed. My head is still playing mini scenarios and thinking about random things when I hear Ethan cry. We give him his usual bottle but it's not taking. He has a fever and I end up laying in his crib with him. (Plus side of being small and short I guess.) He's still not falling asleep and will not let go of his mama. We move to the twin bed that's in his room. Still not going to sleep and by now my body is aching for sleep and my patience has run thin. It's now 2:30am. Jon's turn. No luck and I lay in bed tossing and turning, listening to the crying on the other side of the wall. Ethan just wants his mom tonight. I get back into the twin bed with him and he lays close to me, occasionally reaching over and touching my arm to make sure I'm still there. So cute, yet soooo late. Last time I check my phone it's 5am and we're still not sleeping. Eventually he falls asleep on top of me. 7:15am, everyone's up. Ughhh. I stay in bed for a half an hour longer while Jon showers and the kids are occupied with their bottles. It's going to be a great day...

But you know what? It kind of has. I mean Corryn is in great spirits today, playing by herself and not making a peep. Ethan has spent most of the morning on the couch watching tv and refusing food. I've decided to not even do the dishes or shower today and have been sneaking a couple pages of my kindle in here and there.
But at least I'm not as tired today as I was this day. I'm glad my body has gotten used to little sleep. Oh, Ethan, you were so cute!! :) (And still are.)

4 comments:

  1. Dang. Tara that stinks. I hope the rest of your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday when Ethan is too big, you will long for that night! Love that sweet boy- he is SO cute! Hope you get a nap today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, remember last night and treasure it. Special mommy and Ethan bonding time. :-) I'll help you catch up on sleep next month, k? Love, love, love your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my night last night. I was mad that Beth, after getting up 3 times between 1:30am and 3am, was up for good at 5am. But she was so cute, so it was hard to resist her. I guess we have to take the good moments out of the bad nights right?

    ReplyDelete