Thursday, August 12, 2010

A week without my sweetheart

Well, this week Jon is in New York for a conference. He's staying at this really cool hotel! I'm really jealous, it would be an awesome place for Jon and I to go and even Jon, I, and Ethan to go to.
http://www.tarrytownhouseestate.com/
But while he's gone, I'm going to keep up on the blog and also get a couple of projects done. (This was typed Sunday and now it's Thursday... so much for keeping up with the blog.)

I have gotten a lot done so far, it's been nice. But it's still not nearly as much as I'd hoped to get done. I mean, we're moving in one week and nothing is really packed... granted it's only two buildings down... but still...

So far this week Ethan and I have had dinner at a friend's house, helped another friend put together some IKEA furniture, spent a day at the beach, and gone to the farmer's market. I tell you what, it is SO nice to have the car during the day. Not that I go out all the time, we only make one trip a day it seems but I feel so enabled to visit friends or go to the beach or get an errand done whenever I want, instead of being limited to walking during the day and then spending all my night time hours at the grocery store or running errands.
Ethan has also taken the opportunity to get into some trouble since they aren't an extra pair of eyes watching him around the house. Tee hee hee. Good thing he's cute or else I'd get mad.
Here's a recipe I came across the other day and I'm dying to make. In fact I think I may have a constant supply of these on hand at all times. I mean, come on, it's a cake mix... SUPER EASY!
http://picky-palate.com/2010/08/05/chocolate-cake-smores-cookies/


1 box devil’s food cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup melted butter (1 stick)
3 Hershey’s Chocolate bars, cut into rectangles
1 1/2 Cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 Cups graham crackers, cut up into small pieces
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl mix the cake mix, eggs, brown sugar and butter until combined.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Press cookies into little discs to flatten slightly.  On each cookie press a chocolate bar, a couple marshmallows and a couple graham cracker pieces.  Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cooked through.
2.  Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.  Serve with milk and enjoy!
about 3 dozen cookies

OH yes, and I did relabel my spice rack this week... my sister in law made the wise comment that maybe I should have labeled them right the first time... HA! Well, we got a spice rack from Costco as a wedding present. It came pre-filled with nasty bland and old spices... which I disposed of. So I also decided to make cute homemade labels so I wasn't limited to what they had pre-printed on there. Anyway, so yeah, that's why I relabeled my spice rack this week.

Here's a little bit of what Jon has done this week: He flew Virgin Airlines to NYC, which was his first time flying Virgin. He liked it. He sent me a picture of the interior of the plane explaining that he liked "the colors"... I think I'm rubbing off on him... or maybe he's being exposed to too much HGTV. :) Steve Buscemi was on his flight, so cool.

Jon had been told that a limo service would be picking him up from the airport and taking him to his hotel.... Jon was REALLY looking forward to this. He has never been in a limo and the last time he had an opportunity he got stood up and had to take a cab instead. Anyway, turns out it was not a limo but a "luxury" sedan. Sounds cool but really the only cool thing about it was the stale mints and old bottled water that were stocked for him and the 2 other people and all accompanying luggage... not cool. Cramped and stingy. Plus the driver needed a break so he stopped off to Dunkin' Donuts with him in the car... really professional. Tisk. One day we'll take a limo somewhere special... I'll have to look into it for an anniversary or something.

Other than that, Jon has been enjoying the AMAZING food being served him and swimming in the pools and walking around the beautiful gardens of the hotel/castle thing. He likes to send me pictures of his meals and some of the rooms in this hotel/castle thing. He especially loves the panoramic feature on his cool Samsung Galaxy phone. :) I just love Jon.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're staying busy! What was Jon in NY for? Ethan is cute as ever. I love his curly hair!

    ReplyDelete