Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our New Place

This last weekend we moved! Just three buildings down the road, but still it was quite the production. I'm happy to say that we moved all of our stuff over in one day! We got the keys to our new place on Friday afternoon and by Monday night the last box was unpacked, wahoo!

Reasons why I love this apartment more than the former:
1. No stairs! No more baby gates and constantly lugging the baby and necessary items up and down the stairs everyday.
2. Most of our windows face the ocean, we have a really good breeze going through our house everyday. I've only had to turn on our fan once since moving in, it stay nice a cool in here!
3. The kitchen is bigger and there's an actual dining room so we don't have to choose between eating in front of the TV or in the kitchen.
4. The rent is almost 200 cheaper a month.
5. Since Ethan's room is now on the same floor as the living room, all of his toys are in there and not littering the living room. He plays in his room and loves it.
So we used to live in a D unit, as pictured, but now we live up these stairs in an E unit.
Our porch is still pretty big and it's gated so I can send Ethan outside to play when he's a little older. I also love all the light that floods our apartment through the windows.
Inside the front door looking to your left.
The picture wall! And also I've made good use of the cool trunks my mom gave us as some toy storage.
Here's where the hallway is, we'll go there in a sec... continue panning to the right and there's our tv...
On it's new tv stand! Hooray for splurging at IKEA and finally saying goodbye to the free tv stand Jon found on the side of the road while we were still single. We also said goodbye to the cardboard cover Jon made for it when Ethan was first starting to get around ans was constantly banging his head on things. You'll see later what we did with Jon's cardboard creation.
Entrance to the kitchen and dining area.
Dining area. We've had a lot of meals already here and I love how light it is, I'm totally going to be painting here. Especially because of.......
The addition of the hutch! Which now houses all of my art and craft stuff! It's perfect and fits great. Yes, that's the old tv stand sitting in the corner. Jon is so attached he doesn't want to throw it out so I'm forced to look at it... sitting there... everyday.
Our kitchen is huge! I finally have enough counter space to display all my containers and still have plenty of cutting and prep space. The cupboards go all the way up to the ceiling, giving me more storage than I know what to do with... or can reach for that matter.
Alright, we're now going down the hall. First door on your right is our bathroom. It's pretty big and also has a fan, which the last place didn't.
Here's what the hall looks like, lot of built in storage for linens and cleaning supplies.
The door on the left side of the hallway is our bedroom (excuse the mess and unhung pictures). This window also faces the ocean so it's always cool in our bedroom.
There's enough room in our bedroom for the hope chest and an entire wall of closet.
Now for the last room, Ethan's! His room is straight ahead down the hall. Again, I'm giddy with the fact that his ball pit and such are not adorning our living room anymore and he can play with them whenever he wants.
Jon's lovely cardboard creation is now Ethan's playhouse! :)
Had to snap a picture of Ethan who was napping at the time. :)

That's our new place! We love it and can't wait for visitors!

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I wish I lived there! Ocean view... dang you are lucky! Cute place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the foto wall! I love how it looks like there's a shelf they are sitting on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the new blog look!! And....I can't wait to see you in a week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete