Sunday, August 15, 2010

How long is a china man?... No, it's a statement, Hoa Long is a China man.

Does anyone remember that joke? :)

Anyway, this post has two purposes, to tell a funny story that happened to us this weekend and also to show up Ethan's mad walking skills! First, the funny story.

Saturday 1:15am, Evans family is fast asleep when the doorbell rings. Two seconds later, it rings again... and again... not exaggerating, it was rung about twenty times in a 15 second span of time. Whoever is ringing our doorbell is crazy! I sit up in bed with the first ring, I'm a light sleeper thanks to Ethan, and these are the thoughts that go through my head within the next 15 seconds. "Grrrr, they're going to wake up Ethan and I don't want to have to stay up with him." "Okay, they must REALLY have some urgent news to be ringing like that." "Well if someone died or is in the hospital, why wouldn't people just call us, why show up at our door?" "Maybe it's our nice neighbor Francisco, maybe he's locked out and really needs to use the bathroom." "GAH, will they just stop! They're going to wake up the baby!" "Okay, I obviously don't have time to get decent to answer the door because this lunatic will not stop ringing until I answer the door."

All within 15 seconds mind you.... I then grab the blanket off our bed and wrap it around me and rush downstairs and outside. I get to the gate and open it to a clearly drunk or sick Asian man. He's leaned up against the wall and is sweating profusely. In the poor light he tries to focus his eyesight on me and I say "You must be looking for someone else." He then realizes that we're not the house he was looking for and starts to apologize over and over. He's bowing himself to me over and over and I just keep saying "It's okay, don't worry about it, have a good night." He then sees someone down the alleyway of our complex and recognizes them as his friend and says "Oh, there you are" and starts to stagger off. It was all very surreal, but I'm glad that although I was rudely awaken and very angry at the possibility of having to stay up with a baby and scared because here was this drunk man at our front door... I was still able to respond politely and assure him that it's okay and to have a good night. Way to not freak out and call the cops or yell at him, Tara. Wait, am I just being nice and stupidly not realizing the very possible fact that we could have been killed? Heh, anyway, Ethan did not wake up, thank goodness, and we all went back to sleep and sort of forgot about the whole thing in the morning....

Until this afternoon. Ethan was napping and I was scrubbing away at dishes and Jon was watching TV, or surfing the internet, one of the two, I can't remember. He then starts to talk to me about the fact that if someone DID attack us, we are completely defenseless. No guns or baseball bats in this house. Jon then stated "And I don't even have the skill to fight someone either!" He then sits at his laptop and the next thing I here is a video clip playing. I look into the living room and Jon is standing there with his fists raised punching the air. He's watching a youtube video to learn how to fight someone!!! HA! I laughed so hard I peed my pants a little. He watched this video for like 10 minutes learning the proper way to stand a deliver a punch. I could have died laughing. It was so cute. Well, if another china man comes ringing our doorbell in the middle of the night, watch out. The infamous youtube-self-taught fighter Jon Evans is going to kick some butt. :)

In other news, Ethan is now walking. 13 months on the dot, pretty good for a first kid eh? I'm just glad this is happening before Corryn arrives.... which I only have 9 weeks left, by the way.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKaeRk6vnp4

1 comment:

  1. Never fear! Youtube is here!

    HiLARious.

    Did you guys show Ethan Youtube videos of babies walking? Cause I'm guessing that's finally what did the trick.

    ReplyDelete