Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ultrasound, Carnival and Naked Ethan!

Well, I went to the doctor on Thursday and after a 90 minute wait, I was finally seen. While in the waiting room I was thinking "Man, if this is normal I'm not sure I want to keep with this doctor. I mean I'm going to have to get a babysitter every time I come because who knows how long it's going to take and if it's going to bleed into Ethan's nap time." Which it did, he had to half sleep on the couch in the waiting room while people were slamming doors and babies were screaming. So I was taken back to the exam room. Is this a real doctor's office? I mean, there are purple velvet curtains and silk pillows and an ultrasound machine in every room. I was really impressed. The doctor came in and apologized for the wait, she had to run next door and deliver a baby. At this point I decided the wait was worth it and next time I will get a babysitter. I was very comfortable and the doctor was extremely nice. I stated my concerns about possibly not being pregnant and she said "Well, let's have a look then." I expected her to whip out her special stethoscope thing and try to find a heartbeat but no. She got the ultrasound jelly out and gave me a free ultrasound!

YES. WE ARE PREGNANT!!! :) We are actually not as far along as we thought. My new due date is October 20th, which is also Jon's birthday. He was pretty excited about that. Oo, I'm going to put on the baby ticker after I'm done with this post.



















This weekend was a fun one. On Friday night we went to Sears to buy Ethan a big boy car seat, Thank You Jen and Jason! Ethan peed through his pants and then we also had to keep him occupied while Jon tried to install the new seat in a dark parking lot. Fun. ;)
























On Saturday we went to the Redondo Beach Springfest. I thought it was going to be bigger than it was and Jon expected it to be smaller than it was. It was like a mini version of the Western Idaho Fair. We walked around, saw some Hawaiian dancers, looked at some farm animals, and got food. I was hoping that there would be all kinds of carnival and ethnic food to choose from but instead it was 5 or six booths of pizza, hotdogs, or mexican. Jon got a polish dog and then proceeded to dress it with bbq sauce. He didn't realize the lid was no screwed on and so when he shook of the bottle bbq sauce went everywhere. All over me and all over Ethan. Luckily we were all having so much fun and I was so glad to be out of the house that I didn't let it affect my attitude, he got off easy. :) When we got home we had to give Ethan a bath.


















Introducing Curly Hair Ethan! Isn't he cute?
























Showing off his good side. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment