Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Last post before Nova Scotia

This Sunday is the day the kids, my mom, and I fly to the opposite side of the continent. Two four hour flights. It's going to be great.... that's what I keep telling myself.

Here's what we've been up to lately.

 Ethan went tinkle in the potty for the first time (hasn't repeated it since) and so we rewarded him with his own bowl of ice cream.

 Corryn has thunder thighs. She was holding on to Jon's head by squeezing her legs.

 Ummmmm, best pizza ever. I will never buy frozen pizza again. Homemade crust, alfredo sauce, turkey bacon, ribboned basil, mushrooms, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella. Oh my goodness, I was in heaven.

 Ethan eating lunch while at Disneyland. He put his sunglasses on himself. :)

 Corryn has some long, thin hair on the top of her head and I finally broke down and bought some clear elastics.


 Ethan did not like this at all. He was seriously so mad at me for doing this. Gave me dirty looks.

I made this diaper cake for an upcoming friend's baby shower. Super cute, eh?

Father's Day was good. I made Jon a video of his past two years of being a dad. We also went to Sears and bought him a starter drill set, which he's excited to use. I'm hoping his next big project will be building shelves for me in the garage of our next place of residence. (Crossing my fingers that we move somewhere where we will have an actual garage to do this in.) Jon is a great dad. His favorite things to do with the kids; throw them in the air or onto the bed, have dance parties, race from one end of the apartment to the other, tickle them, and cover them with bubbles in the bath.

I also got to talk to my dad for a good hour and a half. I miss him. The older I get, more I realize the sacrifices he has made for me and I'm eternally grateful. Love you Dad!



3 comments:

  1. Great post! The kids are adorable, as usual. The diaper cake is splendid!! Great job on that! Can't wait for our trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corryn is so beautiful! Looks just like you, Tara. That cake is awesome. Good luck with your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your trip! So fun to see updates and that you're doing well. Miss you and can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete