Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Mickey Mouse!

After returning home from Boise, I had a doctors appointment. Jon was able to come, thank goodness, and watch Ethan in the waiting room while I was examined. Last time I went, Ethan was crawling around the exam room while I was getting a PAP smear.... not a good idea. Anyway, it was actually a really good thing that Jon was there because as the doctor was giving me an ultrasound (which happens even time I go, by the way, super cool) she said "Well, did you want to know the sex of the baby?" I was only 17 weeks along at the time and said "Really? It's that obvious? It must be a boy then. Let's bring Jon in." Jon came in and then we found out.... it's a GIRL!!!!
We have already picked out a first name for her. Corryn. We are currently searching for a middle name and taking submissions. :)
First of the family to arrive was Aunt Ranee. I loved having her stay at our place. She bought us some yummy dinner and fudgcicles for dessert. :)
Ranee also surprised me with a ticket to Disneyland!!! I was so excited to take Ethan and see how he would react to everything. At the last minute, Jon decided to take work off and come too! It ended up being the best family outing we have ever had, Ethan was a great baby all day long and I didn't get too tired or hot from being preggers. Also, Ethan LOVED the characters and It's a Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean.
When meeting Pluto, Ethan reached out for his nose and stuck it in his mouth. Why? Because that's what dog friends do to each other, of course! He LOVED the characters. :) Thanks for everything Ranee!

2 comments:

  1. riley and megan andersonJune 09, 2010 2:55 PM

    congrats on having a girl!! their so fun!!!! and i also found out at 17 and 18 weeks we were having our girls. ive been lucky and never had to wait till 20 weeks. congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you to have a girl! I bet she's going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete