Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm blogging in the middle of the day, while my children are awake. This is a big indication that I'm having an off day. I woke up this morning slightly grumpy (that's usual, I'm not a morning person) but then it all got worse when I weighed myself. Uggh. After abstaining from dairy, dessert, and most wheats for 3 days I had gained 3 pounds and had a horrible night of stomach cramps and trips to the bathroom. Okay, so that's not working. Jon said what was in my head, "Looks like dieting is not for you. If you want to lose weight, it's going to have to be through exercise." Big frown face. I hate exercise. I hate feeling my heart pound in my chest and feeling like I'm going to throw up when I run.

Not to mention, we are STILL waiting to here whether or not we are moving to UT. I know it's the final countdown until we finally know but I'm losing my patience...

And so today is an off day. But you wouldn't really be able to tell unless I told you so. I still showered, got dressed, got my children dressed and fed them breakfast and lunch. I put some laundry away and shampooed my couches. After nap time, I'll probably take my kids to the park and chase them down the slide and push them on the swing. I'll even make dinner, do a load of dishes, and bathe and cuddle with my babies. But under it all my heart is heavy. Oi.

THE POSITIVE WAY TO LOOK AT THINGS:
I weigh 150lbs.... that's actually pretty good. Considering that I was 135 when I got married, I've only gained 15lbs from two close together pregnancies and 4 years of marriage.
Jon's ready to move on from his current position, it's too stressful and not where he wants to be in his career. So even if UT falls through, we're going to move somewhere soon... hopefully.
My children are okay with staying home all morning. They're content to watch Toy Story multiple times so that I can try to distract myself with housework and blogging on days like this.

2 comments:

  1. Tara, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has hard days. I feel like most days start terribly and I'm fighting an uphill battle. I'm not a fan of exercise either, which is why I weigh much more than you. I also battle food. I'm been reading "I Can Make You Thin" and I've really enjoyed it. It teaches us to have a better relationship with food. Really, honestly, I've done better losing weight when I seek for peace and harmony. I know it's hard with kids. I hope you find some answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better! I sure miss you Tara!

    ReplyDelete