Friday, November 19, 2010

Flashback to a week before Corryn was born

A week before Corryn came, Aunt Ranee was here and I also had a baby shower thrown for me by my most wonderful friends! Here are some pictures from that week.
We visited the fabric district in downtown, I could spend days there, seriously.

I started making aprons as thank you gifts for the wonderful ladies that were throwing my baby shower. I'm using my great grandmother's super old sewing machine. It doesn't have a foot petal, it's a thigh petal... I had never seen that before. I actually ended up piercing my finger completely through, had to remove the needle myself and later received a tetanus shot... yeah, I only got one apron done... after that I was scared to touch the machine. I'll open it back up one of these days...

The baby shower was great! The decorations (Shauna) were so cute. The food (Karalea) was AMAZING, as always. And the party went really well. In fact, Kristen's (the host) husband drew charactures  (sp?) of all in attendance, what an awesome idea!! Thank you everyone who came and also everyone who gave gifts.... I am STILL trying to write all the thank you notes... Corryn came a little sooner than expected and I've been trying to find time... soon, very soon.

Shauna, my dear friend, made all the decor. She also lent my her nice sewing machine after my traumatic experience with the cast iron beast.


Karalea, the master of all things crafty and yummy, devoted days to prepare us a wonderful lunch and treats. The party was 50's-ice cream inspired and homemade ice cream sandwiches were on the menu. YUM!


Kristen, the sweetest person you'll meet, who has three lively little ones, opened her home to a parade of women and threw a great shower. Her husband also gave up an entire Saturday to sit and sketch us, amongst a lot of really important and time consuming projects I know he was working on.

Aren't I so blessed?!?!?! :)

1 comment:

  1. Tara! Congrats on your little Corryn--she's a DOLL! So happy for you and that you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete